The International Office
The International Office is the first line of support for all our international students. The office is staffed by an experienced team of people dedicated to support the needs of our international students. They will support you from pre-arrival through to organising an International Orientation week and then supporting your needs while you study with us.
This support includes:
• Pre-arrival help
• All day enquiries
• Visa support
• Bank account set-up
• Medical registration
• Social and sports programmes
Your Own Personal Tutor
All international students will receive academic and pastoral support from experienced tutors in their own vocational area or expertise. Your personal tutor will monitor your progress and offer support to enable you to enjoy and succeed in your chosen area of study. Your tutor will also help and guide you through the UK University entrance process – UCAS (the University and Colleges Admissions Service).
Additional Learning Support
Although you will have the required IELTS score for your course, all our international students will have an English test to check their English level. Where appropriate, further support of your academic course will be provided with further English study in order to improve your IELTS score and develop your academic study skills.
International Social and Cultural Programme
• Students are invited to an international welcome evening and civic reception during the orientation week prior to starting the course.
• Orientation programme with visits to Oxford and local places of interest throughout the heart of England.
• Cultural visits to the many attractions surrounding the City of Coventry and Stratford-upon-Avon including Blenheim Palace and the beautiful Cotswolds
• Social activities during the year including basketball, football, table tennis, bowling, ice skating, go-karting and festive celebrations such as Chinese New Year.
• Local community events that will enable you to meet the people of Stratford-upon-Avon and the City of Coventry and make many life-long friendships.
These activities are a great opportunity to practice your English with other students on the programme and with your teachers. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity to all our students, irrespective of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, learning difficulty or disability.